This month I have been using the following products to wash, condition and style my hair :
- Kinky Curly Curling Custard (fabulous for styling wet hair)
- ACV Rinse to wash my hair
- Avalon Organics Clarifying conditioner for no-poos
- IC hair polisher styling gel
- Doo Gro Mega Thick growth oil
- African Pride Olive and Rosemary Conditioner (for my leave-in)
- Shea Butter Mega Moisture Fine Mist (oil sheen)
- Ojon Hair (sealant) never did get any natural shea butter, but from what I can tell, this does a pretty good job as well. I think it smells wonderful you can get it from sephora.
That seems like a lot of product. It is. I believe before I would pretty much use shampoo, conditioner, a silicone product and a whole lot of heat. Anyway, all of it works for me, but this time I want to try a couple of new products in my hair and change up my routine just a little bit, not much.
On that list is the following:
- Castor oil
- Jojoba oil
- Mixed Chicks deep conditioner
- Hair Milk (Carol’s Daughter)
- Yes to Carrots and Cucumbers detanglers
- Deva Curl One condtioner
- Aloe vera
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- pH strips
- Henna (in a year or so)
- Hand Dry hair gloves
- Denman Brush
- Huetiful Steamer
- Miss Jessie’s Curls
- Bentonite clay
I’m not tryng to be a PJ (product junky) it’s too expensive for me and there is so much out there that it is easy to get caught up in all of the hype. I just want to find the products that work best for me. Now, items 1,2, 6 and 7 are products that I want to mix in order to try a new leave-in conditioner. The Henna is something I want to do next year to color my hair and just to see if it changes the texture of my hair at all. The Denman brush seems like it is a really good detangler and the hand dry hair gloves is something I want to try in a couple of months when my hair gets so thick that it needs some help getting dry especially since I am doing my best not to sit under a hair dryer. the pH strips will be used to make sure that my products are a certain pH (between 4-5) this aids in hair growth. Yes to Carrots and Cucumbers, Hair Milk, Knot Today and Mixed Chicks are all products that I have read really good reviews about. I want to try them all, but I will pick one each time another runs out hopefully by next year find the one that works the best for me.
This week will mark month two! Yesterday I was at my friends baby shower and I had my hair in my protective signature two-braid style and a lady was there that asked me how long I had been going natural. I was so excited to talk to her about the entire process! I was even more excited that someone could tell that I was going natural! I’M OFFICIALLY IN THE CLUB…HEY!!!