So, I’m coming up on a year since I last permed my hair…
A brief overview of my ADVENTURE:
- I decided to transition following a really bad weave/hair loss situation. Wanted to give my hair a break.
- Started thinking about going natural after several people told me that giving my hair a break would make it not only healthier, but it would grow.
- Looked into the possibility of going natural through youtube videos, natural hair sites, forums and fotki
- Got super duper excited and decided to give it a try
- Thought I would transition for a year, but ended up doing my BC after 7 months
- Went to the salon a week ago and my stylist told me my hair was extremely healthy (a huge compliment coming from someone who has been in your head for almost 8 years now). She did cut it shorter than I would have liked her to, but I guess I’ll get over it in another 3 months or so
- Lots of compliments
- More confidence
- Healthier lifestyle- continuing to workout, eat healthy and I feel empowered ~ you know, Angela Davis-like LOL
- Hair that always looks good-rain, sleet or heat my style is always sleek 🙂
There are the haters though:
- The un-naturalfied chicks still addicted to that crack will make little stupid remarks like:
“Girl, I just put a perm in my hair it feels sooo good”
“You make me wanna go into the Color Purple song ‘me and you will neva part'”
To those comments, I just shrug them off as jealousy and more or less the fact they must not be comfortable with what they were naturally given. And move on. I have received more compliments and support than anything!
It’s been awesome! The best decision I have made so far…
And the saga continues 🙂